Saturday, March 14, 2015

Crunch Bar Rice Krispy Treats

Crunch Bar Rice Krispy Treats

I feel like Crunch bars are the one of the more undervalued candy bars out there. I mean I know there's things like Snickers and Twix and Milky Ways that have a lot more going on, but sometimes there's something awesome about a simple crispy Crunch bar. Am I right?


I was actually having a really big craving for one the other day. But I purposely try to have as little candy in my house is possible (since I obviously have no self-control) and I wasn't about to pack the whole crew in the car for a candy bar run. So I thought to myself, why don't I just make one? I mean what is a Crunch bar anyways? It's pretty much just krispies and chocolate right? Right. 

Crunch Bar Rice Krispy Treats

So this one is simple guys. I mean really simple, it's just 2 ingredients, 2 INGREDIENTS?!? Pretty much you're melting chocolate and then stirring in Rice Krispies. Bam bam and done. You could do this with one hand. And I may literally have. Let's just say one of the twins was having an emotional moment.


Crunch Bar Rice Krispy Treats


Crunch Bar Rice Krispy Treats
Yield: 9 servings | Total Time: 30 minutes

  • 2 cup of chocolate chips, semi-sweet or milk would work great
  • 1 1/3 cups Rice Krispies 
Melt chocolate chips over low heat in a sauce pan stirring constantly until melted. (if you are professional chocolatier you should probably use a double boiler, but I don't have one of those and I'm too lazy to makeshift one so...)

Once fully melted poor and chocolate chips and stir until coated. Pour into a slightly greased 9 x 9 pan. Allow to fully harden, around 20 minutes. Then go and slice up your homemade Crunch bars!


Crunch Bar Rice Krispy Treats


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...