Sunday, January 20, 2013

Better Than "ahem" Rice Krispy Treats


No, I didn't. Yes, yes I did: "Better Than... *ahem*.. Rice Krispy Treats". Be still my heart.

Better Than Sex Rice Krispy Treats



But first, a story. I may have slightly totally embarrassed myself this past week.

My husband and I just downloaded this app called SnapChat. It's pretty much just a quick way to send pictures to each other. So I added my hubby as a "friend" (he's 1 of 2 "friends"... the other is my brother... because I'm cool and super popular like that) and got ready to Snapchat!

Here I am all week, happily sending husband pictures of me and his daughter and all the awesome things we do each day. (read this as: pictures of her stacking blocks, sticking Cheerios in her ear, puking on my shirt...) Finally I notice he's never really responded to, nor mentioned any of them when he gets home from work. What gives? Doesn't he appreciate my mad photography skills!? When I finally ask him about it he looks at me blankly and says he's never gotten any pictures from me. What!? I grab his phone to investigate.

Long story short, (don't you love that phrase? Everyone uses it right before they launch into a lengthy story. I'll make this brief.) I was sending pictures all week to some guy with the same initials as my husband. All Week. Can you say embarrassing? At least I kept my pictures G-rated...

Better Than Sex Rice Krispy Treats

That doesn't really have anything to do with this rice krispy treat. Sometimes you just need to let things out though. So, since I'm keeping things G-rated today I labeled this as the "Better Than...ahem... Rice Krispy Treats". Oh man, just like the classic Better Than-You-Know-What Cake, this starts with a dark chocolately base. Then it is saturated with a rich caramel sauce, only to be finished off with whipped cream and crushed toffee bits. Hello Heavenly Goodness! I think this name is quite appropriate don't you? I command you to go make these. Now. You'll thank me when they're done.

Ahh, now my only worry is if this guy is going to sell all my pictures to the paparazzi or something. I mean I'm kinda a big deal...

Better Than Sex Rice Krispy Treats


Better Than...ahem... Rice Krispy Treats

4 Tbsp butter
6 cup marshmallows
1/2 cup Devils Food Cake mix
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 cups cocoa krispies
about 1- 1 1/2 cups of Caramel Sauce (I'm a fan of Mrs. Richardsons)
Fresh Whipped Cream or Cool Whip
2 Crushed Toffee Bars

Pour the cocoa krispies into a large mixing bowl and set aside. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once it's melted, turn the heat down to the lowest setting and add the marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows are mostly all melted (this will take a few minutes--low and slow is key for perfect texture) then stir in the dry cake mix and vanilla.

Once fully melted, take them off heat and pour over the cocoa krispes and stir lightly to combine. Dump the mixture into a greased 9x9 pan. Let it cool for about 5 minutes, then with greased hands flatten the top. Allow them to finish cooling for about 20 minutes. Once cool, poke holes into the treats at 1 inch increments. Pour your Caramel Sauce all over. Douse it. Drench it. You know what I'm talking about. 

Before serving top with the Whipped Cream and toffee bars. Yum-o!

Better Than Sex Rice Krispy Treats


Your Homebased Mom Keeping It Simple

19 comments:

  1. Wow. I think you've outdone yourself this time. These are cr-azy!!! And I love them. And your story made me laugh!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks delicious! I can;t wait to make these. What could I use to substitute the devils cake mix with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You could probably use a chocolate pudding mix in place of the cake mix. If you don't have either though you can leave it out--it's just there to add extra chocolateyness :)

      Delete
  3. This looks yummy! Please share this in a new Linky Party --Weekend Kitchen Creations at www.weekendkitchencreations.blogspot.com. Please join us, share your delicious creation, build more traffic for your blog and get other scrumptious ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is a toffee bar?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a hard, brickle type of candy bar. I used a Hershey's Heath Bar but you could also use a Skor candy bar. I know they actually have "Heath Bits" in the baking section that are already broken up for you. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these look sooo delish!! And enjoyed your hilarious story ... ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These were a major hit with my friends and boyfriend, whose birthday I made them for, even without the topping. Any suggestions on what to do with the leftover cake mix?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I'm glad you liked them! I seem to always have a couple open cake mixes on hand just in case I need them for a rice krispy treat. You could try my Crumb Cake (http://mallowandco.blogspot.com/2012/11/crumb-cake-rice-krispies.html) or cake batter treats (http://mallowandco.blogspot.com/2012/11/cake-batter-rice-krispies.html). Or lots of times I'll just bake up whatever's left of cake mix into a mini sized cake :)

      Delete
  8. Oh! I can't wait to try these! Your story is the BEST! Totally something I would do! ha- ha!

    Ally

    www.basicallybere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Must try these! Mainly because you say they are "better than..." :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, seriously, that alone should sell these things ;)

      Delete
  10. Hi there: I was very excited to try these after making your Mexican treats several times and getting raves. Sadly, all the caramel sauce seeped to the bottom creating a soggy puddle. Any idea what went wrong? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Useful info. Hope to see more good posts in the future. organic long grain white rice Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very interesting. thanks for that. we need more sites like this. i commend you on your great content and excellent topic choices. white rice recipe Thank you for this blog. That's all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into something thats eye opening and important. You clearly know so much about the subject, you've covered so many bases. Good stuff from this part of the internet. Again, thank you for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The varieties of rice are typically classified as long-, medium-, and short-grained.The grains of long-grain rice (high in amylose) tend to remain intact after cooking; medium-grain rice (high in amylopectin) becomes more sticky. Best USA wholesale rice distributors offer rice that are used for sweet dishes, for risotto in Italy, and many rice dishes, such as arròs negre, in Spain. Some varieties of long-grain rice that are high in amylopectin, known as Thai Sticky rice, are usually steamed.
    visit our site for further information.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our organically grown, Long-Grain White Rice is certified Organic by Quality best wholesalers in usaAssurance International (QAI) and is Non-GMO Project Verified. Carolina is a trusted brand, by many families, to provide you with the very best quality rice products. Our rice is simple to prepare and when cooked, the long and slender grains become fluffy and delicious, making it a perfect complement for a wide variety of all of your favorite dishes like organic long grain brown rice, Casseroles and Salads. Taste the difference of cooking with Organic Rice in your next dish. visit my site for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are ur needs being met because these are good but not better than sex

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think! I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...