Sunday, January 13, 2013

Cookies N' Cream Rice Krispy Treats


Since it's a new year  today's post is about being grateful for the things we have in life.


I took the little tyke in to JCPenny's Photo Studio to get some pictures the other day. Now I'm expecting this to be a breeze. One thing my little girl is good at is smiling. Boy was I wrong. 

Talk about the epitome of stage fright. The second I put her down on the mat she turns into a statue. No expression whatsoever. The poor photographer is cooing like a champ, I'm doing my best rendition of "Old McDonald" complete with dance moves DJ Lance would be proud of (and simultaneously putting on a show for everyone in the waiting room since the doors are glass, classy Summer)... and still, no reaction.

We finally give up and take some shots (and I mentally check Hollywood off her list of possible careers). Overall I'm disappointed at the pictures but I pick out a few to buy since I'd just spent an hour and a half of my life there.




As I'm at the counter paying for them I hear this bloodcurdling scream. I look over at the studio and there is a mother struggling to get her kids to stay put for a picture. One keeps running off, while the baby is letting out another one of the banshee cries I'd heard a second before.

And then it hits me. You know, I need to appreciate the good things I have. Even if my daughter wouldn't smile, at least she wasn't crying. That's a blessing right? I held my head a little higher and stepped a little lighter as left the store... at least until about 2 minutes later when the girl peed through her diaper all over me in the parking lot. Things can only get so good right?

So since I am being grateful for the things I have, I made a treat to represent that today. I was quite put out this holiday season that I was never able to find the Gingerbread Oreos. The world was against me. But I've decided instead to be grateful that I am able to buy Oreos at all. So today I give you Oreo Rice Krispy Treats. This is the kind of treat I really don't need to explain. It's an Oreo Rice Krispy Treat... can life get better? Chocolaty cookie chunks, melted Cookies N' Cream Hershey bars, gooey marshmallows, and a fudgey drizzle. This makes my Top 5 list hands down. So I guess I can be happy, even if they aren't gingerbread flavored.



Cookies N' Cream Rice Krispy Treats

4 Tbsp butter
6 cups marshmallows
1 1/2 - 2 large Hershey's Cookies N' Cream candy bars (you could substitute with white chocolate chips if you must...)
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 cups rice krispies
25-30 crushed Oreos
Chocolate Drizzle (recipe below)


In a large mixing bowl combine the rice krispies and Oreos. Set aside.

Melt the butter and Hershey's chocolate in a saucepan over low heat. Once they're melted add in the marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows are mostly all melted (this will take a few minutes--low and slow is key for perfect texture) then stir in the vanilla.

Once fully melted, take them off heat and pour over the rice krispy mixture. Stir lightly to combine. Dump the mixture into a greased 9x9 pan. Let it sit for about 5 minutes, then with greased hands go in and flatten the top. Allow them to cool for about 20 minutes, then top with the chocolate drizzle. Enjoy!





Chocolate Drizzle
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 tsp oil or butter

Melt chocolate and oil in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, Stirring between each one. Continue until fully melted.



Keeping It Simple

19 comments:

  1. I loooove these. And OMG I remember those days. I'd be sweating bullets and we'd get photos with red faced crooked smiles...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That is why I made sure I wasn't in these ones, ha ha

      Delete
  2. Wow, these look delicious! I love everything with cookies & cream :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, cookies & cream make everything better :)

      Delete
  3. These look so crazy good and can I just say that I LOVE that you have an entire blog dedicated to Rice Krispie treats??? :)

    Thank you so much for linking up at Marvelous Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rice Krispy Treats are totally undervalued... somebody had to do it ;) Ha ha

      Delete
  4. These are right up my alley!! And I bet you have some killer DJ Lance moves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://julesmalley.blogspot.com/2013/02/cookies-cream-rice-krispie-treats.html

    made your rice krispie treats here! so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been trying to think of baked goods that would ship well to the UK, and I thought these be perfect! But, how long do these last? Would they ship well if sent in an airtight container?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually never shipped them but I don't see why not! If packaged well I'm sure they would stay fresh a good 3 or 4 days at least!

      Delete
  7. I made your cookies and cream rice krispy treats and they were amazing!! Really easy to do yet they taste so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are amazing and simple and dangerously yummy! I've made them twice this week (for neighbor and for missionaries...and plenty for our home too:) and everyone loves them. I'm passing you blog on to all my friends and you're all over my pinterest right now:) Thanks for all the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tarah! I have to say these are some of my favorites too!

      Delete
  9. Hi,
    When you say "large" candy bars, are they the super big ones or the size you would find in the checkout lane?
    Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So if I'm making them for Super Bowl with about 20 people, how many batches should I make?

    ReplyDelete
  11. cookies and cream

    Recipe - Get all type dessert, chocolate chip cookies, apple pie recipe biscuit recipe, cookies and cream, coconut shrimp only at Befood.net

    to get more - https://www.befood.net/category/recipes//










    ReplyDelete
  12. cookies and cream

    Recipe - Get all type dessert, chocolate chip cookies, apple pie recipe biscuit recipe, cookies and cream, coconut shrimp only at Befood.net

    to get more - https://www.befood.net/category/recipes//

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think! I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...