Thursday, January 10, 2013

Blueberry Muffin Rice Krispy Treats


I now know what it feels like to be a shoplifter.




A couple of weeks ago I found this super deal on diapers. So I stocked up. Of course, 2 weeks later my daughter decides to outgrow them and I am left with 2 jumbo packs of the wrong size. So I go back to the store to exchange them.

The clerk was great and told me to just go grab the size I needed. When I got back 2 minutes later though, this huge line had somehow formed. (Did someone start handing out free samples or something? Jeez...) I got back in line and waited and waited. When the clerk finally noticed me, she waved me on, mouthing that she'd already made the exchange. Sweet! I promptly stepped out of line and headed for the door.

I got about half way there when it hit me what this must look like. It totally appeared like I was just taking off without paying. I stutter stepped trying to decide if I should turn and try and explain myself to everyone else in line... that would be awkward. I started moving again, then paused mid step. Would the door alarm go off when I walked through?... Are there camera's in this store?... Am I going to show up on the 5 o'clock news as the resident diaper snatcher?... By now I had started and stopped and started and stopped enough times to convince anyone of my guilty conscience.

Needless to say my blood was pumping by the time I burst through the door. Talk about an adrenaline rush! All this for a pack of diapers?! I decided the anxiety of stealing is totally not worth the payout. At least now I can cross off thievery on my list of possible hobbies.

When I got home I decided to calm myself with a fresh batch of blueberry muffins since I've always heard that blueberries help calm nerves. But just to mix things up I made them rice krispy treat style! You get that hint of blueberry goodness with the sweetness of the marshmallows, delectable. So pull out that muffin mix and whip up a fresh batch of these treats! These are so simple and a perfect calming agent for all you other misunderstood shoplifters out there.

***Don't forget to enter the Rice Krispy Starter Kit giveaway! It includes a fun mix of ingredients for you to play with to make your own rice kripsy creation! Giveaway ends Jan 16th :)



Blueberry Muffin Rice Krispy Treats

4 Tbsp butter
7 cup marshmallows
1 cup dry blueberry muffin mix
1 tsp vanilla
6 cup rice krispies


Pour the rice krispies into a large mixing bowl and set aside.

Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, turn the heat down to the lowest setting and add the marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows are mostly all melted (this will take a few minutes--low and slow is key for perfect texture) then stir in the muffin mix and vanilla.

Once fully melted, take them off heat and pour over the rice krispies. Stir lightly to combine. Dump the mixture into a greased 9x9 pan. Let it sit for about 5 minutes, then with greased hands go in and flatten the top. Allow them to cool at least an hour before serving. Enjoy!


Photobucket OneCreativeMommy.com



14 comments:

  1. Ha, I could feel your adrenaline rush just reading this! You deserve muffin krispies for sure. I want some too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea! Just come across your blog and you have given me so much inspiration for mine - thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so yummy! Coming over from the "One Creative Weekend" party. I linked right next to you. Have a great weekend! Claire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look delicious! I hope that they succeeded in calming your nerves! I think I would have felt exactly the same! I am a worrier! Anyway hope you have a great weekend! Thanks for the awesome recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I don't know how well they actually calmed my nerves but they definitely satisfied my stomach ;)

      Delete
  5. Yikes! At least that adrenaline rush was good for a new krispie treat. I have done jello, pudding, and brownie mix, but a muffin mix? A whole new world just opened up with possibilities :-) YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a day! All that for diapers!!! Clearly the day ended well! Never thought of a blueberry muffin Rice Krispy treat! I love it! Thanks for linking up to One Creative Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My eyes popped when I saw this! So excited to try some of these! It's an easy treat to make, and it's also easy to just eat one for dieters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, as far as treats go, these really aren't that bad for you - especially if you have enough self control to only eat one ;) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh, cool for one hour before serving? You have got to be kidding, lol. I do not have that much willpower. Can't wait to try these today. Made the cake batter yesterday and they were yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, ok, I guess you don't really have to wait an hour. It just helps them settle. Realistically you could have at them in after about 15 minutes ;) Glad they turned out!

      Delete
  9. Do you add the blueberries that come with the muffin mix? Or does that make it too gooey?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think! I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...